Saturday 7 February 2009

Bag number 2 - buttons & bows

From the same book, I am now midway through a lovely light brown...maybe fawn coloured bag, with an interesting texture to it (photos to come).

I have finished the front (finally!) About halfway through the pattern it says 'continue in stitch pattern'... So, feeling smug, I decided to do a quick swatch of the stitch pattern so I knew exactly what was what and made notes and wrote down what was going to happen in the next 30 rows. I reckon I probably had to unpick (un-knit?) and re-knit about 60 rows before I finally got it right as there was descreasing going on at the same time. Luckily, I write it all down, so doing the back is nowhere near as challenging! And trust me, i'll be keeping those notes for if I ever decide to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment