Sunday 18 January 2009

Welcome to My Handbag Diary

I like bags. I don't know many women that don't. Two Christmasses ago I knitted a bag for my sister - and she loved it. It has also recieved a lot of praise while travelling the streets of London. Last Christmas I made her another bag. Again, pretty well recieved. Unfortunately I don't have photos of these bags and being 2 years old and used daily, they have gone a little passed their best.

I work full time for a web company, and spend most of my evenings knitting. I enjoy making bags because they're quick, useful and just so pretty. I own quite a few bags and struggle with the constant battle between which one I take out and then making sure I have transferred everything I need from one to the other. I went up the attic today and discovered a collection of bags I'd put up there when we moved in 3 years ago. Now, I am not talking designer bags here! I don't spend hundreds of pounds on handbags, in fact I like nothing better than a handbag bargain! (Having said that I have recently acquired a fabulous Little Earth bag and a limited edition Jonnie Loves Rosie bag.)

Anyway - long story short (ish) - I have decided to try to sell my own handbags. This will be a diary of my progress, plus a showcase of my random bag collection. I intend to use a different bag at least once a week and will post photos here. Along with any inspirational bags I find along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment